Group Management Team
Stone Three was born when our founders decided to bring the latest technology to the third stone from the sun, Earth.
Founded in 2000, Stone Three has evolved to become one of South Africa’s leading Industrial IoT firms, leveraging its digital signal processing experience to develop bespoke devices and sensors that generate unique data sets for industrial applications.
We distinguish ourselves through:
- signal processing experience,
- enterprise-level software engineering, and
- deep domain expertise built up over the past two decades.
Our team of engineers, developers and business analysts research and develop real applications for industrial solutions in the mining, healthcare and maritime telecommunications industries. Our data science philosophy is guided by the belief that it’s undesirable to implement effective machine learning solutions without having deep domain expertise.
As a company we take pride of a long track record of developing industry-specific solutions to some of the most complex and multifaceted industrial problems. Our machine vision based smart sensor technology, remote process diagnostics and advanced process control services have improved minerals processing operations with digital productivity solutions. Through partnerships in the maritime and telemedicine industries, we have developed leading edge software-defined radio and precision telemedicine offerings exported to several countries.
We have always sought to go beyond the hype of new technologies and uncover real-world applications that solve specific problems in the industrial value chain.
Stone Three consists of four key business units, namely:
- Stone Three Mining, which develops solutions focused on digital productivity.
- Stone Three Healthcare, which owns and operates precision telemedicine solutions for the North American market with a strong focus on diagnostics.
- Stone Three Communications, which develops hardware and software solutions for the global maritime industry using industrial IoT technologies.
- Stone Three Digital, an internal R&D lab that supports the company’s vertical business units while also incubating new ideas and innovation through contract research to develop new solutions.